Single use latex gloves are now usually utilized means in hospitals, laboratories and households. The Ansell Rubber Company was established in Melbourne by a former Dunlop employee, Eric Ansell, in 1905. Primary this company manufactured balloons and condoms, deciding to manufacture the first household gloves in 1925. The first single use surgical gloves were produced in 1964.
In 1945, Ansell created and constructed the first automatic dipping engine that manufactured 300 dozen pairs of synthetic gloves in eight hours. Ansell introduced single use surgical gloves in 1964 which were awarded the company an Export Award in 1967. Further international distribution over the next two decades saw Ansell become the world’s largest latex gloves producer for household and medical application. The latex technique applied in this significant development was a great Australian innovation. The Company became a the Pacific Dunlop group member in 1969.